Arts & Museum Education Consultant/Writer, Marilyn JS Goodman specializes in conducting workshops and writing materials for schools, libraries, academic institutions, and cultural organizations, as well as strategic planning and project development for new museums, exhibitions or special galleries geared to children and families.
• In-Service training and staff development workshops for school and museum educators.
• Linking the arts with the basic elementary school curriculum
• Program, content development, and learning activities for schools and museums based on works of art.
• Developing and writing exhibition-related educational programs and materials.
• International arts-in-education outreach projects and exchanges.
• Developing concepts, strategies, programs, exhibits, curriculum and interpretative models for new or existing children’s institutions.
• Formative/Summative research.
Selected Client List:
▪ Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico, Santurce, PR
▪ Seba, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
▪ Dudley Hamilton Associates, Englewood, NJ
▪ Thirteen/WNET-TV, New York, NY
▪ Fundación El Comercio, Quito, Ecuador
▪ The Dublin School, Dublin, NH
▪ ARTeducarte, Quito, Ecuador
▪ Colegio de Architectura, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
▪ Smith-Renaud, Inc., New York, NY
▪ Three Chicks Productions, Seattle, WA
▪ Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, TN
▪ Explora Centro de Ciencias y Artes, Panama, RP
▪ Centro Gallego de Arte Contemporaneo, Santiago di Compostela, Spain
▪ Centro de las Ciencias y las Artes, Guayaquil, Ecuador
▪ Aprendiendo a traves del arte, Mexico DF, Mexico
▪ Joseph Power Architects, Cincinnati, OH
▪ Children's Museum of Art, Charleston, SC
▪ Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY for the Museo Guggenheim Bilbao, Bilbao, Spain
▪ Mapache Children's Museum, Panama, RP
▪ Learning To Read Through the Arts, Inc., New York, in collaboration with the John F. Kennedy
Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC.
▪ Curator magazine, American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
▪ Nassau County Museum of Art, Nassau, NY
▪ Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Council on the Arts, Harrisburg, PA
▪ The Pennsylvania Ballet, Philadelphia, PA
▪ Daytona Museum of Arts and Sciences, Daytona, FL
▪ Massachusetts Council on the Arts & Humanities, Boston, MA
▪ Archives of American Art, Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC
▪ Worcester Art Museum, Worcester, MA
▪ Heritage Plantation Museum, Sandwich, MA
▪ Clark University, Worcester, MA
▪ Providence Public Schools, Providence, RI
▪ Cultural Education Collaborative, Boston, MA
▪ Craft Center, Worcester, MA
▪ Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Office of the Secretary of State, Boston, MA
▪ Worcester Heritage Preservation Society, Worcester, MA
▪ Old Sturbridge Village and Museum, Sturbridge, MA
▪ Verosantes Accessories, New York, NY